ASHLEY WOODSON BAILEY
Ashley creates the most mystical imagery of whimsy floral arrangements that leave you in a dream-state... her Florography class is exactly that; FLOWER-CHOREOGRAPHY-PHOTOGRAPHY! We cannot wait to see her in New York in October...we sat down to hear what she is looking forward to in NYC:
- What is the first thing you do when you arrive in New York City?
Go to the flower market
- Where is your favourite cafe/bistro/restaurant?
Sant Ambroeus West Village
- Your favourite NYC museum or gallery and why?
MOMA because I feel as if anything is possible
- In your words, what will the students from your NYC class experience and take-away from the class?
Students will leave inspired to achieve anything. They will leave with a new addiction on their phones that is beautiful and healthy! And they will have their own piece of art to hang on their walls.
- What is your travel essential?
- What can you not leave NYC without doing?
Going to ABC Carpet & Home
- What is the most interesting project that your Florography has been used in?
Ashley Woodson Bailey was raised in Corpus Christi, Texas before earning a BFA in Art HIstory and Art from the University of Texas in Austin. Ashley worked as a floral designer for two decades in Dallas, Houston, NYC, Savannah, Atlanta and Austin. A self-taught photographer, Ashley sought to create a lasting flower arrangement through the lens of a camera after a life-changing accident in 2012 left her physically unable to create for large-scale events. As an artist, Ashley is defined fully and completely by the flower. Her collection "Dark" is inspired by the transition of the flower from a lovely blossom to a dying stem and the deep desire to preserve the metamorphosis as a moment in time. Ashley's work has been published in magazines and blogs including House Beautiful, Gardenista and Design Sponge. All her images are captured and edited with her iPhone, her beautiful Instagram feed is below. http://www.ashleywoodsonbailey.com