ALANA WILSON SUMMER CERAMICS SCHOOL
2 CLASSES / 2 CLASSROOMS
Day 1 - Thursday 16th February, 6:30pm - 9pm, The School HQ
Day 2 - Saturday 25th February, 2pm - 5:30pm, Alana's Studio, Tamamara.
There will not be a class like it. Because Alana Wilson is a ceramicist like no other. Her work sits quietly but speaks volumes. Alana’s glazes are other-wordly and her techniques are inspired as they are teachable. Her 1-off 2-part Ceramics Class is the highlight and sunbeam source of our Summer Series with Alana's expertise spread over 2 weeks - the first week is designing and hand building your vessel or sculpure at our studio, and the second is at her cliff top Tamarama studio with her magic kiln, with Prosceco to toast our hand-made vessels, as the sun sets on another Sydney summer's day.
Ceramic class inclusions:
- 2 classes with Alana Wilson that will conclude with your very own piece based on her practices
- clay and firing, and loan of a heat gun, glazing brushes and glaze materials
- working dinner class 1 and lunch/ Prosesco (for successful mandatory firing toasting!) on class 2
- Alana's daring, darling and her uber glazes secret sauce
- Each piece will be professionally photographed once fired.
Note: The class will focus on hand building vessels or sculptures (there's no throwing). We are limiting this 1-off opportunity for an intimate Alana experience, so if this sounds like heaven to you, act sooner rather than later. Your final piece will be collected from the Tamarama studio after 4th March 2017.
What we say: Yes, you read it right. ALANA WILSON IS TEACHING A CERAMICS CLASS AT THE SCHOOL!
What she says: "If you are staying at home these holidays there is no place better than at my studio around my kiln on the Tamarama point".