EXTREME KNITTING - SYDNEY 4 NOVEMBER 2017
An introduction to extreme knitting with Jacqui Fink.
Nurture your creative spirit and allow yourself to get lost for a while by learning the fundamentals of Extreme Knitting from Fibre Artist Jacqui Fink. Jacqui conceived of this innovative and self-taught process five years ago after a transformative experience.
Determined to offer knitters a chance to share in her woolly world, Jacqui has developed her own extreme knitting yarn that was launched in 2015. Named K1S1 (Knit One Share One), the yarn is an innovative premium felted yarn made from high quality merino wool. Made to Jacqui's design and specifications, the yarn gives knitters, weavers and crafters alike a viable, functional and soft alternative with which to create their own large scale textiles.
In a generous and open environment, put yourself in the driving seat of your own Extreme Knitting journey by hand crafting an Extreme Scarf over 3 metres long from exquisite high grade Australian Merino wool.
Experience in the basics of knitting is helpful and will definitely enhance your learning experience but it is not a prerequisite for this class. If you have never tried knitting before or just want to brush up on your skills, look at some “how to” videos on YouTube before the class.
You will learn:
The fundamentals of extreme knitting.
- How to cast on and off
- How to knit in garter stitch
- Why it is important to nurture your creativity
- Knitting is an exercise in mindfulness. Extreme Knitting is mindfulness on steroids.
- Extreme Knitting is definitely crazy but not hard. While the mechanics of knitting are the same, the process of extreme knitting does feel very different from regular knitting. This is a very physical exercise in which you will need to use your whole body to knit.
- Please wear long pants or jeans to our class because Extreme knitting requires a somewhat indiscreet sitting position!
10am - 1pm
Saturday 4th of November, 2017
LOCATION: The School, 2/85 Dunning Avenue, Rosebery
Price: $350 - This includes delicious sweets and endless cups of fragrant tea, plus 1.5kg of K1S1 yarn presented as a bump, or ball of yarn and loan of needles.