NATURAL DYE WEEKEND IMMERSION - SYDNEY 24 - 25 MARCH 2018
In the words of Errol van de Werdt, Netherlands Textile Museum director, "Like foragers look for food, ecologically-conscious designers hunt and gather organic ingredients creating a colourful language tinted for today's greener times. Environmentalism is interwoven with sustenance.” Jo Fowles sincerely looks forward to taking you down the very long and deeply beautiful rabbit hole that is natural dying with local and Indian natural dyes to create a beautiful technical file full of samples for both yarn and fabric.
Additional items will be available to purchase.
- Sample fabrics and yarns
- Ring bound folder for samples
- Technical file data sheets
- All dyes (dyes will be tea, coffee, turmeric, beans, eucalyptus, natural indigo, madder, turmeric, myrobalan, cutch, sappanwood and pomegranate).
YOU WILL LEAVE WITH:
- A solid foundation in natural dye, ideas on how to utilise food waste, an understanding of mordants and how to dye your own yarns, fabrics and clothes
- A journal full of dye samples
- A new appreciation of food and colours
10am - 5pm (both days)
Saturday 24 + Sunday 25 March 2018
LOCATION: The School, 2/85 Dunning Ave, Rosebery
PRICE: $495 for two 7 hour days, chai and sweets served